Sunday, July 25, 2010

yes, i know what dating means.

So today I had the "wonderful" opportunity to attend the singles ward in Gainesville. Okay, sorry for the sarcasm, it really was pretty good. It's always fun to see people I've known since I was practically a baby...except for the fact that they sometimes forget I'm not that baby anymore but that's not important. I was kind of frustrated, though, because the talks in Sacrament meeting were (of course) about marriage and dating. Not that those aren't important subjects, but I am SO SICK of hearing the same things over and over and over again regarding these subjects. Honestly, a lot of what was said I could pretty much recite word for word after hearing it at every single youth conference, girl's camp, young women's lesson, and EFY I've ever been to.

Anyways, I'm just complaining....Okay, well on to my random thoughts for the day:

Well ladies and gentlemen, my sister is finally at the end of her pregnancy -- my beautiful niece should be coming into this world within the next couple of weeks and I am so excited to meet her! I already know she's going to be beautiful because her mommy is probably the most beautiful woman I have ever met. I can't wait to feel her tiny fingers and toes and to play with her clean, tiny feet. I wish I could stay in Georgia and watch her grow and learn how to walk and talk and move her body. I am so grateful for this little miracle that our family is being blessed with! More updates on my niece when she's actually born...and expect lots of pictures as we say hello to the newest addition to our family!

Also...Yesterday, I went to the beach with the one and only Erin Hayes. I have known this girl foreverrrr and we finally got to hang out this weekend. I always forget how much I love the beach but I really do love it! I can't think of anything better than driving down A1A, looking out at the beautiful ocean and the bright blue sky. And I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father is merciful and kept it from raining on us! He really does look out for our happiness....even when it comes to seemingly unimportant requests.

I am so very grateful for this beautiful earth we live in! I usually take it for granted. I'm always rushing to work or to class or to the gym or the library that I rarely take the time to appreciate my surroundings. But sometimes I like to just sit back and soak it all in. My senior year and my first time living in Utah, I walked all the way home from school one day in October and just enjoyed the beautiful weather and the leaves changing colors on the trees and crunching beneath my feet. Yesterday, I was able to just sit on the beach on the edge of water and play with the sand and enjoy the view and it was wonderful. However, snow is definitely something I would much rather appreciate from inside my apartment, curled up on the couch in sweats and with a cup of hot cocoa. =)

And to top off my weekend: I got to skype with the lovely Karen Kleinman last night and the beautiful Emily Baer tonight. I miss these girls so so so much! I miss my freshman year, I miss my roommates, and I miss my FHE family! All these boys are dropping like flies, leaving on their missions. When I get back to Provo, I'm going to know a grand total of about four boys on campus. Four. Oh well, woe is me. I'm happy to be home and with my family but I miss my other home and my other family. Really, what does home even mean anymore? I don't know...if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Sunday Playlist:
*Come Thou Fount
*I Heard Him Come
*Oh Lord, My Redeemer
*Abide With Me; 'Tis Eventide
*Praise to the Man
*If You Could Hie to Kolob
*
Be Still, My Soul

[I love Sundays, I love my family, I love my friends, I love music, I love the mountains, I love the beach, and I love my Heavenly Father]

No comments:

Post a Comment