Wednesday, February 3, 2010

boy meets world.


Remember this show? I remember watching it on TGIF with Sharyl -- my favorite sister in the world. As the characters grew older and I stayed young my mom wouldn't really let me watch it anymore (for understandable reasons). But now that I'm older and YouTube (the greatest website ever) has almost every show and/or movie available at the click of a mouse, I've kind of been on a Boy Meets World craze. I love this show because from the very beginning to the very end, we know without a doubt that Cory and Topanga are meant to be together. Even when they go through a brief break-up (season 5), we know that they will end up together again (in season 6) and stay together forever (season 7). But for some reason, even that set-in-stone happy ending doesn't keep me from worrying that they don't get back together. As ridiculous as I must sound right now, allow me to confess: I sometimes even get a little teary-eyed when I watch Cory and Topanga argue because I KNOW that they are meant to be together! If only they knew as much as I do.
Don't you wish we could always know exactly what our future was going to be like? What if our life was just one long TV show? Well, from a spiritual perspective, I guess it kind of is. We know our future, we know our destiny, but we just can't remember it. Life is hard sometimes but we have to remember that if we keep going and try our hardest to overcome those problems we have been promised a happy ending. Just like we always knew that Cory and Topanga would have a happy ending.

Okay, I know, it's a pretty lame analogy. But hey, I'm new at this so give me a break. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment