Monday, August 1, 2011

madness.

Today at the mall, a lady in line asked my mom what school I go to.  My mom explained that I go to school  in Utah... because I am in college.  I met her shocked look and said, "I know I don't look it, but it's the truth."  She looked at me and said in her southern accent, "Well I thought for sure you were goin' into the eighth grade or somethin."  Thanks, Lady.  Thanks.

But little does she know, not only am I no longer in middle school but in twenty-eight days I will be starting my third fall semester at BYU.  I am officially an upperclassman.  

I'm registered for seventeen credits: one spanish class, five business classes, and an on-campus internship.  On top of all that, I am going to be a peer mentor (slash TA) for a freshman student development class.

And crazy as it sounds... I can't wait to start!

I miss school.  I miss studying.  I miss the library.  I miss doing something important.  I miss challenging myself.

So, even though in twenty-eight days I will become an anti-social, all I have to say is: bring it on.

And to all my friends: We have just a few weeks left.  Once this semester starts, I will see you in December... after finals.

end-of-semester-student-studying-finals-week-grading-essays.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment